Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fill your hands, you sunnuvabitch!


I just read where they're about to start shooting a new "True Grit", with Jeff Bridges in the John Wayne/Rooster Cogburn role.  I'm of two minds on this.  It's hard to imagine anyone else playing Rooster, JW owned that role in a way very few actors ever own a role.  I suspect it was mostly just John Wayne, with an antiquated cadence.

But then again, the Coen brothers have already promised they would hew much closer to the original Charles Portis novel, which would make it both more intense and more humerous at the same time.  Also, the novel was more violent, and, well, grittier than the 1969 film.

I'm pretty sure this is a movie I'll see.  Given my, er, difficulties with movie theaters, I'll probably download it and watch it at home, but I unlike many remakes of classic films, this is one I have hopes for...

No comments:

Post a Comment